- The condition of being recognized as a member of a country with all the rights, privileges, and responsibilities that come with it
- The extent to which a person demonstrates qualities and behaviors that are associated with being a responsible and active member of a country
- Having dual citizenship, she can legally work and live in both the United States and Ireland.
- His citizenship was revoked after it was discovered that the naturalization process had been fraudulent.
- Her citizenship education in school deeply influenced her understanding of her responsibilities and rights as a citizen.