- The request for something that is owed or believed to be owed, such as money
- A document that represents a demand for something that is due
- A stated ownership of something, like a debt or privilege, that is currently held by someone else
- The right to pursue a legal resolution as a result of damage or injury
- The legal right to seek payment or equitable justice as outlined in the Bankruptcy Code
- The formal declaration made by an individual applying for a patent that their invention is unique and qualifies for a patent, which includes a description of the invention and its function
- He filed a claim for the damages caused during the accident.
- The company submitted a claim for the unpaid invoice.
- She submitted a patent claim for her newly developed software.