- An individual appointed to manage communication, documents, and financial records as a part of their specified duties or authority, such as issuing legal documents
- A professional whose job involves managing and maintaining records, accounts, or performing administrative tasks in an office setting
- A person, potentially studying or trained in law, who works for a lawyer or judge to provide support for tasks related to legal cases, including research
- The act of performing duties as a clerk, usually involving administrative tasks
- The legal team hired a clerk to carefully organize all case-related documents and conduct necessary research.
- She applied to a local firm as a clerk, keen on learning the ropes of law while performing varied administrative tasks.
- When not in court, most of his time was spent clerk-ing, handling paperwork, and drafting legal documents.