- The shared risk between two entities, such as underwriters
- A type of insurance, like fire insurance, where the person insured must uphold coverage at a certain percentage of the total value; if there's a loss, they face a penalty related to the shortage
- In the agreement, the coinsurance provision highlighted the risk-sharing responsibilities of both parties.
- The insurance contract stated that if the coinsurance conditions were not met, the policyholder would face significant penalties.
- A coinsurance clause in their home insurance policy obligated them to maintain coverage of at least 80% of their home's total value.