- A detailed critique or interpretation that discusses a specific topic or subject matter
- An informative note or explanation attached to a piece of text, particularly a part of a formal code or rule that has been enforced
- A statement expressing personal views or sentiments regarding a particular subject
- A communication by a judge or prosecutor to a jury, regarding the details of a piece of evidence
- A written statement from an individual expressing their thoughts or knowledge, which has been requested by an organization in relation to its rule-making process
- After reading the report, the supervisor wrote a comment to note the areas that needed improvement.
- The judge made a comment to the jury about the significance of the fingerprints found at the crime scene.
- In response to the proposed regulation, several businesses sent comments to the agency expressing their concerns.