- The act of entrusting something or someone to the care or custody of another person
- The judicial process of sending someone to a penal institution or mental hospital
- In legislature, the process of referring a bill to a committee for further scrutiny and recommendations
- The intentional action of executing a specific task or duty
- The act of pledging oneself to a course of action or to someone
- After the trial, the court decided to commit the defendant to a mental institution due to his erratic behavior.
- The representative decided to commit the bill to the committee in charge of environmental regulations.
- The tenant had to commit to a year-long lease agreement with the landlord.