- The act of pledging or dedicating oneself to a task or undertaking
- The action of sending or directing someone to a correctional facility or psychiatric institution
- The process of turning a matter over to a legislative committee for review or action
- An official document commanding that someone be placed in a correctional facility
- A pledge or promise to undertake a specific task or responsibility in the future
- Under the court's decision, the defendant's commitment to the state prison was confirmed.
- The legislative body affirmed its commitment to review the proposed bill in its next session.
- Their firm commitment to deliver the project within the timeline impressed all the stakeholders.