- An individual entrusted with the responsibility of a particular charge, often someone who is incapable of managing their own affairs
- A group of people tasked with investigating, managing, or reporting on a specific issue or topic
- A privately formed group intended to achieve a shared goal or purpose
- The company appointed a committee to manage the new project.
- The bankruptcy of Mr. Johnson led to a court appointing a committee to manage his finances.
- The charity drive was organized by a committee dedicated to promoting education.