- Relates to the broader community or the public in general
- Something that is well-known or recognized among the general public
- Indicates a shared attribute or ownership among two or more persons or things, or across an entire group
- Refers to a type of corporate stock that shareholders own
- The legal ability to gain a benefit from someone else's land as shared with the landowner or others
- Refers to a land area that is available for use by everyone
- Describes a piece of land that's jointly owned and especially used for grazing livestock
- A term for an open public area in a city or town
- A situation of shared ownership where a right is divided among multiple people
- The city council decided to transform the abandoned lot into a common where people could enjoy outdoor activities.
- Investors typically purchase common stocks with the expectation of long-term growth and dividends.
- By law, the local farmers were permitted common rights to graze their livestock on certain land.