- A group of individuals residing in the same locality, usually bound by common interests or circumstances
- The collective of property owned equally by a married couple
- A concept established with a marriage in certain states to enable joint ownership of property by the spouses
- The definition of community in the legal context depends on people living in a certain area with shared interests.
- The couple is in the process of dividing their community during the divorce proceedings.
- In some states, the marriage initiates a community for purposes of property ownership.