- The act of providing something, such as money, to someone as recompense for loss, injury, or suffering
- The process through which two parties nullify their reciprocal obligations typically by law, but sometimes through mutual agreement
- Something provided to mitigate or counterbalance a loss or detriment that one has suffered
- A kind of payment given in return for a valuable item supplied or for a service offered
- The company offered compensation to the employees for the inconvenience caused due to the sudden shift change.
- In order to settle the dispute, they agreed upon a compensation that satisfied both parties.
- The court decided that adequate compensation should be given to the plaintiff for the loss incurred.