- The action of accepting or admitting a circumstance or proposal
- A thing that is allowed or granted as a favor or privilege
- A benefit given to stimulate a certain behavior such as entering into an agreement
- A piece of land or property given by a government in exchange for particular services or specific use, like settling
- The permission to conduct profitable business activities on someone else's property
- A contractual agreement that provides a leaseholder the right to carry out profitable activities on the leased property
- The company asked the city government for a concession to operate their business in the public park.
- The treaty included a few concessions that were hard for the country to accept, but it led to an end to the war.
- As part of the lease agreement, a concession was given to the tenant allowing them to run a coffee shop in the lobby of the building.