- The act of assigning a punishment or imposing a penalty
- The process of labeling something as unsuitable for use or unfit for consumption
- The act of officially declaring that a piece of property can be taken and used by the public under the principle of eminent domain
- The judge may condemn the criminal to community service for his actions.
- After the health inspection, the restaurant was condemned for unsanitary conditions.
- The government can condemn a property if it is necessary for a new highway.