- An uncertain future event that will determine the rights or obligations of an individual involved in a legal document, most commonly a contract
- A specific state or circumstance that a person or object is in
- A specification outlined in an insurance policy that details the responsibilities or benefits of the policyholder or insurance company
- The process of placing stipulations or requirements on a particular subject or entity
- The contract cannot go into effect unless the condition of the buyer having procured financing is met.
- The broken window put the house in a condition not suitable for selling.
- The insurance company refused to pay out since the policyholder didn't meet a condition stated in the policy.
- The real estate agent conditioned the sale on the property passing an inspection.