- A gathering where people consult, deliberate, discuss, or share their opinions
- A gathering of representatives from two branches of legislature with the aim to reconcile differences in the versions of a bill each has passed
- The parties involved in the dispute scheduled a conference to discuss potential resolutions.
- To iron out differences in the drafted bill, a conference was called with members from both legislative branches.
- Their insights from the conference led to significant changes in their strategy.