- A meeting characterized by the gathering of delegates for formal proceedings
- The highest authority in making laws within a nation, frequently in the context of a republic
- The legislative institution responsible for creating laws in the United States
- The institutional makeup of the U.S. Congress for a specific two-year term
- A defined span wherein the U.S. Congress meets to address legislative affairs
- The policies were thoroughly debated before they were passed by Congress.
- The bill was introduced to Congress with hopes of becoming law.
- The newly elected member prepared diligently for their first session in Congress.