- An individual or organization designated by the court to manage and oversee the assets and affairs of another person who lacks the capacity to do so themselves
- An individual in an official role who has been given the responsibility to safeguard something that impacts the well-being and interests of the public
- The court appointed a conservator to manage the financial affairs of the elderly man who was diagnosed with dementia.
- The role of the conservator in the city is to ensure that public parks are maintained and protected for future generations.
- Following her mother's illness, Emma was appointed as the conservator to manage her mother's estate properly.