- A person who gives authorization to another individual to take action on their behalf
- An individual who is a part of a larger group known as a constituency, often within a political context
- Describes the capacity to establish a governing body or modify the guidelines of a constitution
- In a democracy, elected officials should represent the interests of their constituents.
- After hours of delegation, it was determined that the principal could act on behalf of the constituent.
- The family patriarch had constituent authority, thus all members aligned with his decisions.