- The act of willfully disregarding or showing open disrespect for the orders or authority of a court or its presiding judge, either through disruptive behavior, language, or non-compliance with court orders
- The act of willfully defying or obstructing a legislative body's lawful orders as it performs its duties
- If a witness refuses to answer a question in court, it can be seen as an act of contempt.
- Disrupting a legislative session could be viewed as a form of contempt.
- Ignoring a court order can lead to charges of contempt.