- The act of paying a portion of an amount where there is liability
- The shared act of paying a financial penalty by two or more parties who are jointly at fault, often determined by their respective levels of fault
- The even division of a financial loss among all insurance policies that cover the same individual or property
- The act of paying an amount for which one is partially responsible
- The act of paying into a common fund, such as an insurance plan or retirement fund, often done by an employer or employee
- The employer's contribution to the group health insurance significantly lowered the employees' out-of-pocket expense.
- After the accident, both drivers were required to make a contribution to cover the damages based on their respective faults.
- Her insurance company determined the contribution each policy would make after assessing the total loss from the fire.