- A universally accepted agreement between nations that governs mutual concerns
- A legally binding contract between two or more parties
- A gathering of individuals who meet to discuss a common issue or pursue a shared goal
- The climate change convention aimed at reducing global greenhouse gas emissions was signed by several nations.
- The violated convention led to legal action between the disputing companies.
- A convention of homeowners was organized to discuss the issue of increasing property taxes.