- The process of changing something into a different form or usage
- The process of trading one type of property for a different type
- An illegal act or civil wrong committed when a person interferes with another person's movable or personal property without proper permission or reason, particularly when it results in the owner being unable to use or possess the property
- The warehouse underwent a conversion to become a modern office building.
- Real estate investors often engage in conversion, transforming raw land into a property that can be used for commercial or residential purposes.
- The unauthorized removal of a bicycle from a public rack could be considered conversion, as it deprives the original owner of their property's use and possession.