- An individual who is jointly responsible, together with another person, in a legal proceeding
- An individual who is accused of having a sexual relationship with someone's spouse, in the context of a divorce case
- The corespondent was summoned to court to testify about his role in the fraud case.
- In the divorce proceedings, the spouse named a corespondent, implicating them in the breakdown of the marriage.
- The corespondent was held partially accountable for the illegal financial transaction, along with the principal defendant.