- A decline that counteracts a previous increase, especially in the context of market prices or business activity
- The process of treating and rehabilitating those who have committed offenses, which could involve penal custody, parole, or probation
- The economic analysts predicted a correction in the stock market after a rapid increase in prices.
- The court ordered a correction program for the offender that included both parole and probation.
- The sudden dip in the tech industry is seen as a correction to the previous period of inflated success.