- A governmental entity that makes decisions on public matters
- A collective of elected members who perform legislative actions
- An organized group responsible for administrative tasks
- An executive group composed of members with equal authority and influence
- The local council decided to increase the budget for public schools.
- The residents elected new members into the council.
- The council was responsible for the administration of the annual city festival.
- Decisions in the council are made collectively as all members hold equal power.