- An item that is made to resemble another genuine item, without lawful permission, primarily with the aim of deceiving or defrauding others
- The action of creating a fake replica of an original without any legal authority, typically done with a motive of deceit or fraud
- Any item or entity that is created as a fraudulent imitation of a genuine one
- The man was arrested after selling counterfeit watches at the local market.
- The counterfeit money was so expertly crafted that it took a while for bank officials to identify it.
- Production of counterfeit goods has been a major hindrance in the growth of the fashion industry.