- A group or board responsible for administrative functions within a specific geographical region known as a county
- A type of court in West Virginia that handles a range of probate matters, including the administration of estates and mental health commitments
- The decisions of the county commission influence local law enforcement procedures, public works, and infrastructure.
- People wanting to make a public objection to a new construction project are advised to take it to the county commission.
- In West Virginia, the county commission has the ability to process the will and other estate matters of a deceased person.