- The official group responsible for making decisions in legal cases, part of the judicial arm of government
- A specific session or gathering of this official group to consider legal matters
- A specific location, such as a building, hall, or room, where legal decisions are made and justice is administered
- A judge or multiple judges carrying out their official duties
- An organization that has the authority to make legal decisions over its members or those represented by it
- The court convened to hear the case brought by the plaintiff.
- The witnesses were summoned to the court for questioning.
- The judge, representing the court, made a decision in the case.