- A type of court made up of commissioned officers and occasionally enlisted personnel, which is responsible for trying members of the military or other individuals under its rule
- A formal legal proceeding conducted by a court-martial, in which a member of the military is tried
- The act of sending an individual, usually a member of the armed forces, to face trial conducted by a court-martial
- The soldier faced a court-martial for disallowed activities in the armed forces.
- The court-martial condemned him for exceeding his orders during the military operation.
- Ignoring superiors' instructions may lead one to be subject to a court-martial.