Court of Appeals
- This is a higher court where decisions made by lower courts can be retried
- In the United States federal judiciary system, this is an intermediary court
- For state matters, this is a court where cases can be reevaluated after a lower court ruling
- The case was moved to the Court of Appeals after the decision of the district court was contested.
- The decision by the Court of Appeals overturned the initial ruling.
- Cases can be brought before the state's Court of Appeals if the defense or prosecution are not satisfied with the initial court decision.