- A formal or official promise made in an agreement or compact
- A complete contract or a specific promise within it, pertaining to the execution or non-execution of a specific action
- An assurance given in a property deed that protects the receiver, particularly against defects in the title
- A legal action at common law to seek compensation for the violation of a sealed contract
- The landlord and tenant entered into a covenant about property maintenance.
- In our covenant, we agreed that I would mow the lawn and you would pay for the water bill.
- She filed a lawsuit for damages based on the breach of a covenant in our agreement.