- The approval by a bankruptcy court of a plan under Title 11 of the Bankruptcy Code that is not favored by some creditors
- The alteration of loan terms by a Chapter 13 bankruptcy court that is done against the preference of a creditor
- When the cramdown was implemented, the creditors opposed were left with no choice but to comply.
- The debtor sought a cramdown to modify his loan terms, despite his creditor's disapproval.
- Through a cramdown procedure, the bankruptcy court passed the repayment plan, which was objected to by several creditors.