- An amount of money kept in a bank account that can be used by the holder and repaid in the future
- The arrangement of using money or resources now based on a commitment to compensate the lender later, typically with interest, often secured by property or the debtor's income
- The estimation of an individual's or corporation's trustworthiness for financial transactions
- A decrease in an expense or asset account
- A lessening of a sum otherwise payable
- The act of providing goods now with the expectation of payment at a future date
- The act of having confidence in the authenticity of something
- The act of recording an amount in the credit side of an account
- The act of adding an amount to someone's credit account
- The bank approved his credit application for the property purchase.
- He maintains good credit by paying his bills on time.
- When the invoice was paid, the payment was posted to the credit side of their accounting ledger.