- An individual or a company who buys goods or services
- An individual or a business that has an established association with a bank, either through possessing an account or through the bank's commitment to gather funds on their behalf
- An individual or a corporation that has a letter of credit issued for them by another financial institution
- To increase profits, the business must retain its customer base.
- After successfully opening a savings account, the person becomes a valued customer of the bank.
- Upon approval of the financial documents, the issuer will grant a letter of credit to its customer.