- The harm or loss suffered due to physical injury, damage to possessions, or negative impact on one's reputation
- Monetary compensation awarded by a court to a person who has experienced loss or injury, and paid by the party held accountable for causing those damages
- The types of losses for which a person could receive financial compensation by pursuing legal action
- Pertaining to the concept of damages in a legal context
- The plaintiff sought compensation for the damage to her property caused by the defendant's negligence.
- The jury awarded a substantial sum in damage to the plaintiff as reparation for the harm caused by the company's defective product.
- The landlord is responsible for the cost of repair due to damage in the rental unit caused by normal wear and tear.