- A situation where no progress can be made due to evenly matched, uncompromising individuals or groups being in conflict
- The condition where, due to lack of unanimous agreement, a jury fails to reach a verdict
- A scenario where the board of directors of a corporation is hindered in discharging its duties because of indecisive shareholder voting
- The city council vote ended in a deadlock, with neither side willing to revise its stance.
- The jury deliberated for three days but reached a deadlock, meaning they could not agree on a unanimous verdict.
- In the corporate meeting, indecisive voting by shareholders resulted in a deadlock, making it difficult for the board of directors to take any decisive action.