- It refers to inducing someone to believe in something false or invalid. This could be through manipulation, misrepresentation, or falsehood
- This is the act of intentionally misleading or tricking others by speaking or acting dishonestly
- The defense attorney argued that the prosecution was trying to deceive the jury by presenting misleading evidence.
- The salesman tried to deceive the buyer into thinking the car was newer than it actually was.
- The company deceived its customers by advertising a product that didn't match the actual item sold.