- Someone granted the power to act on someone else's behalf
- An individual permitted to conduct duties under a contract that another person is obligated to
- A participant at a meeting or conference standing in for a political party
- The representative from a U.S. territory who takes part in the House of Representatives
- A legislative member from Maryland, Virginia, or West Virginia who serves in their respective lower houses
- The act of entrusting, assigning, or transferring power, authority, or a role to someone else
- The act of handing over one's obligations under a contract to another person
- Authorizing an administrative agency or similar body to execute a governmental function
- The act of nominating someone else to represent oneself
- Moving responsibility or authority from oneself to another
- The boss chose to delegate the task to her assistant.
- In the event of my absence, I delegate my voting rights to my associate.
- The Governor elected not to attend the meeting, instead choosing to delegate his attendance to the Deputy Governor.