- The act of transferring property ownership through a legal agreement or lease
- A legal process where property is transferred through a will or lease agreement
- The process of legally passing on property ownership after the owner's death, either through a will (testate) or without a will (intestate)
- A specialized form of leasing where the owner gives up complete control and possession of a boat, including command and navigation responsibilities
- The old man's will stated the demise of his estate to his granddaughter upon his death.
- Their new beach house was acquired through the demise of a distant relative's property.
- The company ensured the demise of the commercial vessel to the charter party for the summer period.