- A system where the people hold ruling power
- System of government where the highest power lies with the people who either exercise it directly or through elected representatives. This often involves regular free elections
- This refers to a political entity operating under democratic governance
- The citizens of a democracy have the ability to choose their leaders through elections.
- Democracy is pivotal as it allows every citizen to have a say in the government's operations.
- A referendum is an example of democracy in action, as it allows citizens to directly vote on an issue.