- The act of withholding agreement or approval for a request or demand
- A statement made to refute a claim or allegation, asserting its falsity
- A form of defense in which the party being accused refutes the allegations of the opposing party
- The judge's denial of the plaintiff's request surprised everyone in the courtroom.
- His denial of the accusations created a tense atmosphere during the deposition.
- Their strategy involved a strong denial, rejecting all the allegations made in the lawsuit.