- Deliberately giving up property rights or duties
- The condition when something, generally property, has been left unattended irresponsibly
- When water withdraws from the land, leaving it barren permanently
- Intentional and conscious disregard of responsibilities or duties
- The dereliction of the old factory site led to problems with squatters and vandalism.
- Due to climate changes and dereliction, the once lush valley stood barren and dry.
- If the manager keeps showing dereliction to his duties, his position might be at risk.