- A detailed account or explanation that gives an overview of the inherent attributes and qualities of something
- A detailed outline, in written form, denoting the limits and borders of a piece of property, such as in a legal document or deed
- An elaboration or detailed summary of a novel idea or innovation that one seeks to patent, presented in a patent application or patent-issued literature
- The lawyer had to ensure the description of the real estate was accurate and included in the contract.
- The patent included a comprehensive description of the unique feature of the technology.
- The deed of the property came with a description outlining its boundaries and limitations.