- The act of commanding with authority
- The command to enter a verdict without involving the jury's decision
- Acting in the role of a director or overseer
- Holding the position of a director
- Originating directly from a specific source
- Descending in a straight line from parent to offspring without deviation
- Having no intervening persons, influences or devices
- Coming into effect immediately through the action of the people or electorate without any mediators
- Defined by a clear logical, causal, or consequential relationship
- The judge decided to direct the verdict without jury deliberation due to definitive evidence.
- One characteristic of a direct inheritance is its passage from parent to offspring without any deviations.
- The come-country decision was direct, effected by the action of the electorate without any representatives.