- The act of refusing to accept or acknowledge something
- The act of refusing or giving up any legal claim, such as an interest in an estate
- The act of refusing to acknowledge or accept the legitimacy or authority of something
- The act of removing or reducing rights under a warranty
- The heir decided to disclaim the inheritance to avoid the associated tax liabilities.
- The manufacturer might disclaim the warranty if the product is not used as directed.
- In the letter, the company decided to disclaim the authority of the newly elected committee.