- The act of ending a lawsuit willingly by the person who initiated it, either through a formal request to the court or by not moving forward with the case
- The act of ceasing to use a piece of property or stopping a specific use of property according to zoning laws
- Upon realizing the lack of evidence, the plaintiff opted for the discontinuance of the case.
- The city demanded a discontinuance of the warehouse's operations due to violations of zoning laws.
- Discontinuance can occur when a plaintiff decides not to continue pursuing their legal claim.