- The act of lessening the total amount or value of something
- A cut made from the standard or predetermined price typically given for timely payment or for transacting in cash
- The act of reducing the payment for interest when giving money for a note that is not yet due
- A decrease in the buying price of a specific kind of financial product called a bond
- The act of selling financial stocks or bonds at a lesser rate than the amount that will be returned at its maturity or redemption
- The action of lessening an amount usually related to cash transactions or prompt payment
- The act of putting up items for sale at a price less than usual or standard
- The act of providing a loan but lessening the amount given initially
- Considering prospective or future events in determining the present calculation or estimates
- The act or process of providing or receiving reductions in price
- The practice of offering items or services for sale at a lesser price than usual
- Being offered for sale at a rate less than the usual or list price
- Having a lower price than the original or list price
- They are selling season passes at a discount to encourage early bird purchases.
- The bank would like to discount the loan if the payment is given immediately.
- The store offers a discount on older items to make room for the new items coming in.