- Relating to the unfair or unequal treatment of different categories of people or things
- Engendering effects that promote illegal disparity in treating different categories of people or things
- Many consider certain rules in the workplace as discriminatory because they disproportionately affect one type of employee over others.
- After the review, the policy was considered discriminatory due to its unlawfully biased effects.
- A discriminatory practice was uncovered after an audit, revealing an unfair disparity regarding promotions.