- The act of lessening or completely removing capital investment in a particular industry or region
- The action of a particular person surrendering an investment
- An action provoking or leading a certain person to surrender or relinquish his or her investment
- The company decided to disinvest from its oil and gas operations due to environmental concerns.
- With the market's ongoing volatility, several financial advisors are urging their clients to disinvest.
- New policies are pressuring corporations to disinvest from harmful industries.