- The act of removing someone from a duty or service
- The end of a legal claim or action, typically before the defendant has had a chance to present their evidence
- The act of invalidating an accusation, allegation, complaint or charge
- A written document that expresses the desire for a dismissal
- The judge finalized proceedings with the dismissal of the case early in the trial.
- After a thorough review of the evidence, the prosecutor filed for dismissal of the charges.
- Following serious misconduct, the company issued a dismissal to the employee.